Improving Reading and Writing Through Popular Children's Movies and Media - Gateshead, 25th January 2016

Thank you to everyone who came to the course in Gateshead. John and I had a great day sharing ideas and strategies to improve reading and writing through a 'textcentric' approach in the classroom. We want to say a massive thank you to every teacher who attended, we hope you all found it useful and thanks so much for the wonderful feedback!

I want to say a special thank you to Animate2Educate and @eLearning_Laura for all their help spreading the word with the course! I will be back in the North East in April leading the 'Developing Writing in the Modern Classroom' conference with Alan Peat. I am also very excited about returning for this year's Animate2Educate conference and presenting alongside some amazing teachers! I am also leading a training day for the North Tyneside trust in June so please follow the links for more information.



34 Evaluations

33 Rated the Content as Excellent
33 Rated the Delivery of the Speakers as Excellent
1 Rated the Content as Good
1 Rated the Delivery of the Speakers as Good

Comments

An incredible day! A wonderful way to make sure visual media is used with the right pedagogical approach. This WILL raise standards in our school! 
An inspirational day with ideas that can be used practically in the classroom to give children an exciting and memorable learning experience. 
Fantastic ideas and approaches, I've really enjoyed today and I 'm looking forward to trying out your ideas and sharing them with colleagues. 
Again, brilliant CPD! Third time hearing Lee and second time seeing John and it is never boring or repetitive. Great ideas yet again! 
Very informative. Lots of great ideas that I know I will use with my class. I want to do all your courses now! 
A great day! The best CPD I think I have ever had! 
Good mixture between, take back to school ideas and information and learning that underpin the approach.  
Excellent content and delivery. I would advise anyone who needs help planning literacy to come to this course. 
Loads of really innovative ideas to share in school, things I would never have even thought of doing. Cant wait to get back to school to try some of the suggestions. 
 Content was really inspirational and made me think about teaching writing/reading differently. A great day - thank you! 
Very informative - lots of ideas to take away. Really enjoyed - thanks! 
Good to see the possibilities with different types of media. Thank you! 
Great course with super ideas! 
A fantastic help! 
Great ideas on how to engage and enthuse my class. 
Another motivational and inspiring delivery from Mr P. Lots more ideas to take back to school. Contextualised SPaG from John was a new and interesting approach. 
Good mix of resources shared. 
Both speakers inspiring by their enthusiasm and passion for the subjects. Encouraging individual approach to teaching in the classroom. 
Incredibly useful ideas that I cannot wait to implement into my teaching.
Excellent course - feel very inspired!
 
Interesting and excellent ideas, looking forward to using them in my class.   
Really clear, helpful explanations about how the ideas can help children to learn. Fab day thank you :) 
Totally inspiring day! Cant wait to go back and try some ideas in the classroom. Thanks so much! :) 
It was brilliant! 
An excellent day - lots of ideas to take back to school. Inspiring! 
Lots of ideas to take away with me - great balance of delivery and application. Thank you! 
Fantastic, inspiring new ways to teach English and develop digital literacy approch.
Excellent speakers, very engaging!
 
Very enthusiastic and passionate!  
Very enjoyable - made me awareof lots of opportunities around us for writing. Thank you!
Enjoy Mr P!
We are excited to bring this conference to York, Peterborough and Gwent, South Wales later this academic year!

Please watch the following video and fill the form at the bottom to book a place! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Lovely Poem for Your Leavers Assembly

QR Codes - So much potential!

Exploring Excitable Edgar